Do you know the team behind the scenes at Midwest POS?
For today’s blog post, we interviewed Dave Osborne, our service manager. Scroll below to learn:
- Why he’s passionate about Midwest POS, training, systems – and the Grateful Dead
- About his extensive experience in the restaurant industry
- Some things about Midwest POS that you may not know!
Meet Midwest POS Service Manager Dave Osborne!
1) How long have you been at Midwest POS?
Going on five years.
2) How long have you been involved in the POS and/or restaurant industry? Tell us a little more about your experience.
In my 25+ years in restaurant operations, I have held every position from dishwasher to area director.
I have worked with multiple POS systems over the years – including back-of-house programming.
I have a passion for training, systems and of course, customer service!
3) What are some fun facts people may not know about you?
I just realized I am not much fun. LOL. I like to think I have a good sense of humor, though many disagree.
Also, I am a Deadhead from way back and miss summer tours!
4) What region do you cover?
I oversee projects and support for all markets.
5) Why are you passionate about Midwest POS and your customers?
Midwest POS truly is a family environment. The leadership here has created a unique environment that breeds success. We have built a team of committed and caring long-term employees. Many have been with us for 10 to 20 years or more.
The work is challenging, and it is truly rewarding when you can let a customer know their concerns are resolved.
Our customers are restaurant operators. They are great at what they do. They have highly successful businesses that require all systems to function properly. Any hiccup can bring their business to a standstill.
Helping them achieve their success by keeping things working smoothly is my priority. Having an operator background, I truly empathize with our customers when issues do arise.
6) What are some things about Midwest POS and your solutions and services that most people may not know?
That we are not here to just sell a system. We offer many services from network troubleshooting and wiring to training and consulting to get the most from their POS system.
We offer solutions to assist operators in successfully managing, streamlining, and improving profitability in all areas of their business.
7) What are your thoughts on current trends in the restaurant industry, and where do you see the future going?
Wireless payment and ordering solutions, tabletop POS for self-ordering, data security, and online ordering are just some of the technology solutions that are changing the way restaurants operate to meet customer demand.
Building a robust and secure wireless infrastructure and having a partner to help navigate the ever-changing trends of the modern restaurant business will be the key to adapting quickly.
Have a question for Dave? Get in touch!
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 765-274-9456