Today, we interviewed another integral member of the Midwest POS team: Jess Bowman, our support supervisor.
Check out her interview to learn:
- How she transitioned from working in restaurants to supporting them at Midwest POS
- Why she is passionate about her customers
- How tabletop devices will change the restaurant industry for the better!
Meet Midwest POS Support Supervisor Jess Bowman!
1) How long have you been at Midwest POS?
I have been at Midwest for 3 years now.
2) How long have you been involved in the POS and/or restaurant industry? Tell us a little more about your experience.
I have worked in the restaurant business since 2006-ish. I started out as a dishwasher at a friend’s family restaurant.
And before coming to Midwest, I worked as an assistant manager for one of our customers.
3) What are some fun facts people may not know about you?
I have two little boys that keep me busy when I am not at work!
4) Why are you passionate about Midwest POS and your customers?
Midwest really helped me grow intellectually. I enjoy the new challenges that we sometimes face in support. Our customers are always trying to make Aloha work harder for them, which makes us work harder as well.
5) What are some things about Midwest POS and your solutions and services that most people may not know?
Our support staff is great! We all work together. There is not a question that comes into the support department that someone can’t just stand up and ask the room. We all throw ideas around to each other to find the best solution for the customer.
6) What are your thoughts on current trends in the restaurant industry, and where do you see the future going?
Pay-at-the-table/tabletop devices – specifically, tabletop devices that allow the customer to order. They give the server more time to be on the floor and better serve their tables. It also increases table turnover rates, which makes more money for those servers/restaurants.
Have a question for Jess? Get in touch!
- Email: Bowman@midwestpos.com
- Phone: (765) 778-4080 ext. 416